http://www.buyspirulinaalgae.com/ http://www.buyspirulinaalgae.com/best-spirulina-powder/ sitemap http://ow.ly/10kjVU Blogspot
Today we’re going to show you how to make a delicious dish of kale sautéed with garlic, bacon and cranberries. Let’s dig in!
1 pound kale (about 2 bunches), with tough stems and center ribs cut off and discarded
5 bacon slices (1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup water
1 tsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Large pot or pan with lid (3 qt)
1. Prep kale — wash and rinse thoroughly, remove center ribs, and chop finely.
2. Mince garlic — cut it as fine as possible. Otherwise, add 2 cloves and cut 6 into thin slices.
3. Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces
1. In the large pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until it’s crispy. Strain bacon out of pan with a slotted spoon and set on plate. You’ll need it later, so don’t snack on it all.
2. Remove all but around 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan.
3. Cook the garlic in the bacon grease. When it’s just golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon. Put it with the bacon.
4. Put the kale in the pan. Saute it in the bacon fat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add water and cranberries to pan.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes with lid on, then remove lid and cook on high until the water is absorbed or evaporated (about 2 minutes).
7. Add bacon and garlic back into pan.
8. Toss with tongs to combine
9. Drizzle with vinegar, salt and pepper.
This weekly show spotlights super healthy foods and shows viewers how to incorporate them into their everyday diets. Get the skinny on everything from kale to pomegranates, learn delicious and easy recipes, and pick up tricks on how to add these super foods into the dishes you already love.